Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Job Title: Hygiene Coordinator
location: Accra, Ghana
Company: Kempinski Hotels
Main Responsibilities of a Hygiene Coordinator
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and trainings and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop class room trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Stewarding Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants including the staff restaurant and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired Skills And Qualification of a Hygiene Coordinator
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- Must show signs of career development
- HACCP certification (a plus)
- Minimum 1-3 years in similar experience.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Should have the ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- To establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply