Career Level Officer
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Reports to: Director of HR
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Serving as an administrator to the Human Resources Department;
- Assisting and coordinating all employee recruitment and selection processes;
- Assisting in employee training and performance evaluation processes;
- Other administrative duties that align with the Human resources strategy for Ashesi
HR Department Administrative Duties:
- Assists in managing records, filing, information gathering, budget control and office workflow
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential information
- Drafting of standard employee contracts for review and approval
- Coordinate all relevant correspondence between the department and internal and external stakeholders such as the Ghana Tertiary Education Council (GTEC);
- Coordinate and tracking schedules of Department projects on behalf of the HR team; and
- Coordinate departmental meetings where communications, logistics and documentation are concerned.
- Any other assigned duties
HR Information System and Data Management Duties:
- Onboarding of new employees
- Ensuring data on HRIS system is up to date and current
- Export and analysis of reports from HRIS system
- Support the HR team in coordinating job advertisements on the Ashesi website and in the newspapers, among other advertisement platforms.
- Assist in recruitment and staffing of full time and part-time employees including the following; respond to applications, distribute shortlisted applications to relevant parties, schedule and coordinate interview and selection processes, among others.
- Support the HR team to coordinate orientation and onboarding related activities for all new employees.
Performance Management & Employee Engagement
- Assist in administering and collating annual performance reviews of all employees.
- Support the HR team to organize training sessions for employees
- Support the HR team to organize teambuilding activities such as acknowledgement of birthdays and special events, monthly/quarterly teambuilding events etc.
- Support the HR team to organize faculty and staff retreats.
- Support the HR team to implement the HR strategy for Ashesi University.
- Perform other duties appropriate to the role as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role or relevant position
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A good customer service disposition.
- Ability to work independently, but also as a strong team member.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Software suite (i.e. MS Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Comfortable with learning new technology tools for information gathering and sharing; ability to instruct/assist others in use of these tools.
- Full time Employee Benefits:
At Ashesi University our benefits package covers medical insurance, paid leave, transportation, pensions, tuition discount, among other complementary benefits.