Career Level Officer
Job Title: HR Support Officer
Company: Lively Minds Ghana
About the role
Lively Minds will recruit approximately 50 new staff to support the scale-up programme. 2021 will therefore be an exciting year of growth and change for Lively Minds in Ghana, with an enlarged team and strengthened systems and processes across many areas to support the change.
We are looking for a HR Support Officerto support mass recruitment coordination and ensure that Lively Minds upholds its reputation as an excellent employer. Our busy HR team now has an opening for two HR officers to join their team.
This is a unique opportunity to progress your career and be involved in recruiting a large volume of people to contribute to our scale up and make a huge impact for a small charity. TheHR Support Officerwill receive tailored mentoring and have the opportunity to network with senior employees. There is also scope for this role to evolve and grow over time into a permanent position role, provided that the post holder exceeds performance goals over a sustained period.
This position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection Coordination
- Work closely with the Project Support Officer to support in coordinating the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring the timeline meets the required start date.
- Longlist job applications for the mass recruitment and recommend a small number of applications for the recruiting team to shortlist.
- Maintain up to date lists of shortlisted candidates, assessments and interview.
- Keep line manager consistently up to date with progress.
- Coordinate assessments and interview processes, ensuring all candidates are treated fairly and professionally with timely updates on the recruitment process.
- Send invites to candidates selected for interview and conduct meet-and-greets in the office.
- Coordinate pre-employment processes and necessary paperwork.
- May be required to support recruitment processes in Uganda or for the global team.
HR Project Work
- Implement HR projects as agreed with the Project Support Officer.
- Play a proactive role in contributing to a productive, fun and happy working environment across all the Ghana offices. Looks for ways to incorporate Lively Minds culture into their work.
- Role model the Lively Minds culture in all aspects of their work.
- May be required to travel to the other Ghana offices to support with recruitments and/or support Ghana managers in any other HR matters.
Training and Inductions
- Co-facilitate training for managers and staff including but not limited to: performance management, management development, competencies and HR systems and policies.
- Lead on certain aspects of inductions including HR policies, contracts and absence in agreement with the Project Support Officer.
- Support in coordinating the inductions for new starters in consultation with the Ghana Country Director and Project Support Officer.
HR systems and administration
- Prepare all HR letters and contracts for staff.
- Keep all employee files up to date.
- Support in providing monthly updates on payroll changes to the Ghana Finance and Admin team.
- Monitor all employee annual leave, alerts managers where there is significant unussed leave entering the final quarter of the year.
- May be required to track completion of performance reviews and alert Ghana Country Director of any concerns.
Support to the Finance and Admin team on admin Duties
- May be required to support the Finance and Admin team with administration tasks during absence of team members or during busy periods.
- May also be required to support the Ghana Country Director with administrative tasks such as taking minutes of strategic stakeholder meetings or preparing letters for our stakeholders.
You may be assigned any other responsibility in agreement with your line manager, in contribution to Lively Minds work and in recognition of your experience and skills. It is therefore expected for staff to be flexible and willing to contribute to the work of the wider team.
Experience and Skills
Essential Experience and Skills
- Recruitment experience (all aspects of process)
- Clear and professional written, visual and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Able to learnand adapt to IT systems (MicrosoftTeams, Asana, etc.)
- Able to planand organize time and limited resources effectively, working to strict deadlines
- Able to manage a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to collaborate effectively with a team.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience designing and implementing HR strategies
- Experience working with HR software
- Experience of managing people.
You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply
please send a CV and cover letter (expression of interest) detailing how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org