Offered Salary 0
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Head, Internal Control
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across the light of business processes and internal controls.
MBA Finance, Accounting & Economics (with 3-5 Years experience)
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Membership of a professional body is an added advantage (ICA/ACCA)
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the company’s
internal control framework, including key risks in order to ensure that the
group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial
reporting, processes and business operations
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
- Provide training on policy and controls.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly
- Responsible for Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent Communication skills-presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks.
- Ability to work well independently as well and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.