Career Level Officer
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Head Internal Audit
Location: Accra, Ghana
Company: Bayport Savings and Loans
The Head, Internal Audit, has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring the business’ processes are closely aligned with industry best practices and meets the regulator's requirements.
- Lead and coordinate an annual risk assessment to support the development of the annual audit plan. As appropriate, update the risk assessment and audit plan during the year in response to business or industry/market developments.
- Identify internal, guest auditor, and co-source resources to accomplish the audit plan. Consult with the business partners and the Internal Control & Risk Committee and obtain approval of the audit plan from the Audit Committee.
- Oversee financial, operational, and information technology audits. Ensure the issuance of audit reports is done in collaboration with and agreement from process owners on the facts of the audit findings, the risk severity and impact, and timing of remediation. Ensure overall audit quality of Internal Audit activities and that the Internal Audit team complies with the IIA standards, Internal Audit policy, manual and communication standards.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on control gaps and the status and remediation of audit findings. Influence the strengthening of the control environment, governance processes, and risk management practices through audit recommendations and validation of management’s agreed to actions
- Participate in or lead joint reviews with Group Internal Audit Team. Responsible for coordinating the company’s audits and leading and documenting the progress on audit findings
- Drive strategic thinking and decision making to ensure that the company is proactively addressing and anticipating issues. Promote appropriate risk management awareness and risk mitigation
- Actively participate in applicable executive management forums, committees, advising on emerging risk and control issues
- Ensure the overall quality and fact-driven insights of the consulting or business advisory engagements performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Actively support a “culture” of transformation and anticipate the changes required in control processes and risk management practices to match business model and market transformation.
- Build a successful relationship with business leadership to provide value-added consultation to influence and strengthen operational efficiencies and effectiveness and promote the company’s best practices; provide opportunities for cost savings, standardization and globalization of processes
- Promote and ensure the adoption of the use of data analytics in the Internal Audit function.
- Collaborate with business intelligence teams within Finance and the Information Technology departments to leverage and align with data analytics infrastructure to support this endeavor.
- Promote a “culture” of data-driven audit findings and recommendations
- Maintain a reputation for impeccable ethics and integrity, and experience in a best-in-class internal audit function and sound business judgment and acumen.
- Demonstrate a willingness, to take the lead on initiatives outside of Internal Audit (which do not jeopardize independence on areas under audit) to become a true business partner and leader to the entire organization.
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing and quality internal audit function.
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure of audit methodology process, tools, and communication of audit results and business advisory consultations that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning audit department.
- Develop the skills and abilities of all team members,
- Develop and maintain sufficient depth in all critical functions, minimizing “single point of failure” risk.
- Develop the depth of the Internal Audit management team, including management succession planning.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to ensure the company’s continued compliance with legislation, regulatory directives and in support of the Group.
- Support legal, business ethics and compliance as needed for investigations or other special projects
- Ensure the design of financial controls, keep abreast with new accounting standards or changes to processes from system implementations or business model transformation
- Communicate results on a timely basis to senior management, Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and in line with Group reporting requirements
- Evaluate the company’s best practices and communicate the relative benefits or costs of any audit or advisory recommendation to management
External / Departmental Relations, Close Out Meetings and Follow up
- Ensure proper management and coordination of reviews performed by Bayport Management Limited (BML) Group and the company’s external auditors including leveraging work performed internally
- Co-operate with and respond to request made by Regulatory Bodies (such as the Bank of Ghana) during field examinations and routine supervisory exercises
- Maintain cordial relationship with other departments to solicit their support in the form of information/personnel/other resources for timely execution of audit assignments
- Coordinate the discussion of draft and final reports, obtaining management responses etc.
- Co-ordinates exit meetings and distributes final audit report to management and executives
- Primarily responsible for follow-up of the implementation status of management responses to previously reported issues
First Degree in Finance and Accounting
Certified Internal Auditor (added advantage)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (added advantage)
5-7 Years Internal Audit Experience.
Interested applicants should click here to apply: Click Here