Job ID 20792
Offered Salary 0
Career Level Assistant
Experience 3 Years
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, IPC/WASH and Covid19 responses.
- Reports to: Administrative Officer
Jhpiego seeks a Front/Administrative Assistant for its Annex office in Accra. Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the position manages the front desk of the organization in a professional manner in order to project a positive image of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and handles telephone calls and emails to the office
- Sorts incoming mail and receives deliveries for the office
- Receives visitors to the office and deals with their inquiries
- Ensures adequate and organized record-keeping of project activities
- Supports the program teams as and when required
- Assists with filing, typing, and general administration duties, including booking rooms and catering for meetings
- Assists with the management of the conference room bookings and ensure the room is tidy after use
- Assists with the maintenance of office equipment and premises
- Assists with ensuring assets and inventories are well maintained and annual physical verifications are undertaken
- Assists the procurement team in the purchase of office supplies and stationery
- Assists with making arrangement for phone credits for all staff
- Assists with the payment of office utilities
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Administration, Management. A good first degree in Business Administration or its equivalent will be an advantage.
- Professional Certification in Management or Administration
- Experience in developing and implementing administrative systems
- Knowledge and experience of office procedures and processes
- Very good understanding of office management systems and procedures
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification work experience
- Courteous and friendly
- Versatile and adaptable
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Additional Information & Application Method
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to:
Deadline for the submission of applications: March 15, 2023
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.