Career Level Officer
Experience 8 Years +
Job Title: Electrical Superintendent
location: Western North, Ghana
Company: Chirano Gold Mines, a subsidiary of Kinross Gold
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of the Electrical Maintenance Team by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives.
Responsible for the development and implementation of all electrical, instrumentation, communication and control aspects of Electrical Maintenance functions through the application of operational policies, standards, and procedures in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the organizational strategic objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Actively work in the field and ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
• Actively promote Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness on the Mine by achieving zero reportable safety incidents, zero compliance breaches and continually review the safety standards and work practices for the workforce.
• Formulate and execute strategies that support the growth of the section & employees’ wellbeing.
• Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures.
• Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
• Review the operation of plant and underground equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtimes.
• Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of mining machinery and equipment.
• Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials.
Registered Office: 2nd Floor, Office 1 (A.S.1) of Marvel House, No. 148 A, Giffard Road, Cantonments, Accra -Ghana
Phone: +233 302 786079
• Manage all electrical and instrumentation documentation.
• Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign electrical maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
• Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition.
• Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• Ensure Consultants & Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML
• Coordinate with the planning section to set / review required maintenance / repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies.
• Act as a Change Agent and Project Sponsor for key initiatives; models organizational values, sets the cultural tone, and prioritizes business goals.
• Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage overall performance of employees.
• Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the team’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree /Higher Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Certificate of competency as an Engineering Superintendent from the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission (IDMC).
• Master’s degree and Engineering Manager’s Certification from IDMC will be an advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a mining environment; at least 4 years in a Senior Electrical /Management role.
• Experience in Electrical related projects, Maintenance, Power Systems, Fixed Plants and Electrical Wiring Regulations.
Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
• Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any Electrical works and analyse offers to recommend the best option.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Management skills with ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all direct reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and apply appropriate discipline when required.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power point, outlook and other Electrical Management software /systems.
How To Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite qualifications and skills should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to Chiranohr.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th April, 2021.
Applicants are to indicate the position title in the subject area when applying online.