Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Curation Deputy Lead (Desk Lead) – Editorial Curation
Company: Twitter Ghana
Who We Are?
Our Curation team is on a mission to better facilitate this through the curation of the best, most relevant, and timely content that reaches, engages and delights one of the largest daily audiences in the world.
Twitter’s Curation team sits within its Consumer Product team, which works directly on developing the core Twitter product with our customers in mind.
Who you are?
The ideal candidate will have experience of content management or editing roles in journalism, publishing, content moderation or a similar industry. They will have a passion for working in a fast-paced, real-time news environment while maintaining quality and implementing processes and policies.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a deep, non-partisan, understanding of Nigerian news and politics. They should feel comfortable fact-checking content related to politics, social justice, medical science or local news.
You display an expert knowledge of media law and a strong understanding of Twitter’s role in the world as well as general knowledge across News, Sports and Entertainment verticals.
While this role is primarily focused on English and English Pidgin content, working proficiency in one or more of the following languages is an advantage: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
What will you do?
Twitter is looking for a highly-skilled Deputy Lead to manage daily content production across products including Twitter Moments and Trending Topics in Nigeria. This role is responsible for overseeing the output of a team focused on quickly, accurately and impartially summarising complex conversations that are unfolding in real-time on Twitter.
This person will work as part of a global, high-performing team to provide 24/7 coverage and ensure the Curators’ work meets our high standards.
This role is based in Accra, Ghana and focused on Nigeria. You may need to work weekends.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Delivering consistently high levels of quality assurance on curated content
- Ensuring curated content is delivered impartially and accurately
- Prioritizing the team’s work effectively under time pressure
- Overseeing all day-to-day curated content decisions and know when to escalate them
- Tracking success metrics and use data to inform and improve content decision-making
- Providing easy-to-understand, constructive feedback to aid team and individual development
- Giving feedback to internal Product and Tooling teams
- Encouraging knowledge sharing to prepare the team for covering the most impactful conversations
- Working collaboratively as part of a global team that works with internal partners
- Planning at least one month in advance for major upcoming regional events
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English and English Pidgin; other West African languages are a plus
- Excellent written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience working in journalism, publishing, content moderation or similar
- Extensive experience of using Twitter, preferably as a tool in reporting
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political system
- Experience with news gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc preferred but not required.
A few other things we value:
- Challenge – We work with Twitter’s product and standards teams to solve some of the industry’s hardest content problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as a curator.
- Diversity – Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Work-Life Balance – We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply