Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
JS Morlu Ghana Limited is a subsidiary of JS Morlu LLC, U.S. based CPA firm, providing client accounting services, tax planning and strategies, audits and high value services such as corporate turn-around and restructuring, business valuation, business process improvement, enterprise risk management, advisory services and technology solutions. We are a vision-oriented firm with growth opportunities for our employees. We are a global company operating in six countries, providing international travel opportunities.
1.0 JOB POSITION: Audit Manager
The Audit Manager provides management of a portfolio of clients and delivers high quality audit, assurance, and tax services to the clients.
2.0 DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully direct and maintain a motivated and empowered work team.
- Assign staff to work on various projects.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Address situation before they become crises and develop solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Provide additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participate in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Take a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals.
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Approve work schedules through effective use of project management techniques.
- Develop a specialization geared towards achieving organizational targets.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.
- Oversee the implementation of solutions for clients.
- Identify opportunities to improve assignment profitability and identify any risk management issues.
- Acquire expert level knowledge of the client’s business.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Actively supports new initiatives.
- Any other duties as assigned by Managing Director
3.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate should be a Chartered Accountant (ICAG or ACCA) and must be a member in good standing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Qualified CIT is an added advantage.
- 5 years or more experience in accounting and auditing including 2 years or more experience in tax advisory (apt with the tax laws of Ghana)
4.0 SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent knowledge in accounting software preferably QuickBooks and/or Sage 50
- Strong computer literacy skills (computer savvy)
- Good knowledge in the use of an audit software. Experience with the use of Draftworx Audit software would be an advantage
- Strong ethical conduct and personal effectiveness (credibility)
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Team management skills – the ability to coach, motivate and direct a team of people.
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Delivery of quality client service
- High business acumen
- Superior understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives, and stakeholder/competitor interests
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
If you are interested in applying for this position, respond to us by email at [email protected]
1) Resume and three (3) references.