Career Level Officer
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Administrative, Financial and Procurement Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the project manager and the National Project Coordinator (NPC) and will have the overall responsibility of providing administrative support during the project implementation period. More precisely, the Administrative, Financial and Procurement Assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to all daily management, planning, implementation and coordination of the project activities
- Provide logistics support to project staff and consultants for travel arrangements, including UNDSS security clearance, required budget and quotation, daily subsistence allowance (DSA) requests etc.
- Prepare accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to UNIDO reporting and procedural standards.
- Conduct and support the arrangement of procurement activities conducted under the project, both at national and international levels.
- File and archive relevant documents (tender dossiers, proposals, evaluation reports, documents related project personnel, consultants, etc.) using the OpenText functions.
- Handle the expenditures of the office, ensuring complete documentation, inventory control and property management, in line with UNIDO standards and procedures
- Assist in the planning and organization of project steering committee meetings including drafting of agendas, circulation and preparation of reports, logistics arrangement.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders and arrange meetings, visits etc. as necessary
- Arrange and facilitate internal team meetings and discussions, as necessary
- Perform other duties as requested by the Project Manager
MINIMUM ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Completed higher secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent), is required. Formal administrative/secretarial/clerical training or equivalent, is desirable.
Credit towards total working experience may be considered on a year by-year- basis, up to maximum of four years, for a first university degree or equivalent diploma, in a relevant field.
Technical and Functional Experience:
- A minimum of (8) years years of experience in the related fields of the post, is required.
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience in office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN systems or in a multicultural environment is desirable.
- Experience in project administration, accounting and finance, providing support to managerial/professional staff and using secretarial/administrative skills to assist in the execution of project development and implementation of work, is desirable.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software is desirable.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language, is desirable.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.