Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Programme Secretary)
Company: UNFPA Ghana
Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Administration Assistant provides overall administrative and secretarial support to the entire programme unit. He/She develops, implements and maintains administrative processes and systems including the registry, record keeping, travel logistics, meetings, and internal communication
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Provides overall administrative and secretarial support to the programme unit.
• Screens and logs incoming correspondence and distributes to the relevant staff. Reviews correspondence and follows up on urgent and important responses. Drafts responses to correspondences when appropriate.
• Schedules meetings for the Deputy Representative and maintains his/her calendar.
• Drafts and types routine correspondence, reports, briefs, and other documentation. Assists in the preparation of legal documents such as LoUs and MoUs.
• Maintains a central filing system for the programme unit in accordance with established classification systems. Files all correspondence in the programmes unit. Updates inventory of files in the CO and informs staff members accordingly.
• Makes use of relevant automated office management systems for effective functioning of the programme unit.
• Prepares all outgoing correspondence for dispatch and monitors their deliveries.
• Participates in OM planning meetings and communicates important issues back to the programme team.
• Supports the drafting and finalisation of CPs, CPAP, AWPs and budgets.
• Responds to calls and other requests from IPs, government agencies, UN agencies, etc. Where technical assistance is needed, all calls are referred to the focal points.
• Supports and participates in the organisation of population-related events (such as WPD). Prepares invitations to UNFPA events to all relevant attendees (government agencies, ministries, departments, NGOs, CSO and other implementing agencies).
• Organizes and provides logistical support to meetings, conferences and workshops for the programme unit and implementing agencies; initiates and coordinates the preparation of the agenda and necessary documentation; and provides secretarial support during the meetings, conferences and workshops (such as minute taking).
• Maintains the programme unit chrono-file.
• Distributes UNFPA publications and visibility items.
• Assists with the procurement process by fulfilling the “buyer” function in Atlas.
People Management & Leadership:
• Coaches new staff in the programme unit on day-to-day administrative procedures in the unit.
• Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports to the Deputy Representative and Assistant Representative.
• Monitors programme staff attendance; and ensures the timely communication of staff absences in the office to management.
• Participates in Learning Afternoon sessions.
• Exchanges relevant information and maintains an open line of communication with colleagues and his/her supervisor.
• Actively participates in CO and programme unit team meetings.
• When appropriate, undertakes other related duties assigned by the supervisor and/or Representative.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of Diploma or equivalent in secretarial studies, administration or any other relevant field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in a public or private sector organisation.
• Knowledge of the United Nations systems and procedures would be an advantage.
• Fluency in oral and written English.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link to Apply: Click Here