Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Job Title: Accounts Officer
location: Accra, Ghana
Company: A Reputable company
The Accounts Officer shall have responsibility for the maintenance of books of accounts that will protect and safeguard the financial assets of the business. The Accounts Officer directs the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with regulatory and statutory authorities. Under the supervision of the CEO , the Accounts Officer shall carry out the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive all invoices and other payments from vendors and staff and compile a daily and weekly schedule of expenses and reimbursements payable to vendors and staff.
- Maintain a file for all payables and segregate them into Staff reimbursements and payments to external vendors
- Monitor bank and cash balances in accordance with laid down procedures and alert the CEO about movements
- Prepare payment vouchers for payments on a daily basis for approval
- Make entries for all receipts, invoices received and payments made in the Accounting System
- Ensure payments are entered into the accounting system and process payments for all approved payment vouchers
- Issue receipts for all cash / cheque / electronic cash received at the office.
- Prepare and submit all regulatory reports before their deadline
- Process payments of all statutory obligations (SSNIT/VAT etc.)
- Preparation of accurate and timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Review and monitor accounting activity to ensure the effectiveness of the system’s internal controls and the accuracy of financial information.
- Analyze financial data and preparation of financial statements, budgets, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and evaluate their effectiveness and compliance.
- Assist in various audits, including financial and compliance audits.
- Other duties, as needed.
- HND/Degree in Accounting
- Member of Accounting Body (ACCA/ICA/CIMA)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role, preferably with an asset management company, stock brokerage company or corporate trustee company. Must have deep understanding of accounting procedures for capital market instruments.
Fluent in English with good communication skills.
How To Apply
Send your CVs to : email@example.com. by Friday 16th April 2021.
Your CV should:
Should be in pdf format ONLY.
Include a section that briefly highlights why you consider yourself as the Most Exceptional Candidate for the role. This section should be clearly labelled “WHY CHOOSE ME”.
The subject of your email should read “ APPLICATION FOR ACCOUNTS OFFICER ROLE”