Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Role & Responsibilities:
This position will support operations by maintaining overall hygiene of the facility.
This position creates value for the facility by planning, developing and implementing and monitoring hygiene activities.
Results / Accountabilities
- Develop and maintain competences on Facility Prerequisite Programs including Zoning, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), by facilitating and providing training opportunities.
- Acts as primary contact for contracted services supporting sanitation and pest control.
- Provides oversite for factory sanitation.
- Participates in continuous improvement for the pre-requisite programs of the facility including review of third party contracted activities and development of goals and objectives.
- Setup, manage, enforce, analyze trends and verification activities related to Pre-Requisite Programs (zoning, pest control, personnel hygiene, sanitation, allergen sanitation, sanitary design, environmental monitoring).
- Ensure PRP Risk Assessment, Zoning assessment and Food Safety Management System (FSMS) are up to date
- Participates as a comprehensive QA interface on engineering projects/installations including but not limited to hygiene, GMP, Validation, Halal/ISO/FSSC requirements.
- Utilizes, writes, and supports Product Protection Plans for the prevention of food safety or quality deviations to the processes and products.
- Supporting documentation, PRP verification & monitoring activities, PRPs robustness, and limited gaps under control) and act as subject matter expert for facility supporting HACCP.
- Act as a GMP champion, coordinating development of standards and design and ensuring compliance to the internal GBfoods and external regulatory requirements.
- Conducts GMP, foreign body, and pest control inspections, writes reports, and manages deviation documentation and gap closure.
- Participates in supplier/co-manufacture audits as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfoods will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum HND in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food science, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role within the food manufacturing industry, preferably with a focus on tomato-based products.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations (e.g., FDA, HACCP) and quality management systems.
- Knowledge of current FSMS Standards (ISO 22000 certification is an advantage)
- Experience in pest control and factory hygiene.
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Job Ownership
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving