Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Company: Golden Africa Ghana
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Job Card – GAGJ822
Locations: Tema, Freezones
Deadline: 25th November, 2022.
Reports to: Deputy General Manager – Golden Africa Ghana
Responsible for ensuring the day to day HR functions are performed in accordance with policies, procedures and best HRpractice and to provide direct advice and guidance to managers and staff on best HR policies and procedures.
Achieve set business objectives of the organisation by strengthening the employer-employee relationship and formulatingworkforce policies, strategies and determine the functional processes necessary to meet organizational goals.
1. HR Strategy
- Oversee the regular review and roll out of HR policies, employment policies and procedures in compliance to Golden Africa Ghana standards and evolving national labour law.
- In collaboration with the Deputy General Manager, assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each team is staffed appropriately, according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure staff hiring is conducted efficiently and in compliance with company policies and national labour law.
- Ensure a high quality, transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
- Determine salaries for selected candidates based on the salary scales.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements are submitted and personnel files with documentation according to HR checklist is opened for new staff and completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all staff have undergone orientation and induction programme.
3. Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure the timely and efficient payroll preparation for accurate data, number of days, benefits.
- In close coordination with Finance, ensure all staff fill timesheets correctly and they are submitted on a monthly basis as part of the payroll package.
- Ensure the proper utilization and accurate tracking of all types of leave.
- Oversee the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate.
4. Employee/Industrial Relations
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, contract extensions, staff transfers, promotions and other change of status/ personnel changes.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide answers to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Keep HR Manual updated and constantly communicate it, along with other HR policies to staff.
- Provide day-to-day advice to the programme teams, around interpretation and implementing HR policies, and procedures in order to ensure consistency.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable at all times as per company standards and any relevant requirements.
- Work with DGM and Country Finance team, support internal and external Audits by ensuring all necessary documents are updated, scanned where required and submitted as needed.
5. Performance Management
- Provide training and ensure new hires and current staff complete any training needs and understand the goal setting process well.
- Oversee the monthly utilization of reporting systems and offer support to staff where needed.
- Monitor the evaluation process at all stages and ensure that employees and supervisors complete the review process in a timely manner.
- Act as training administrator and ensure that training goals for employees are monitored.
- Provide guidance to supervisors as they complete evaluations, help supervisors find effective coaching methods that work for specific issues including identifying areas of poor performance and assisting supervisors to establish plans for improving performance, be present during review meetings when necessary.
6. Training and Development
- Ensure staff are aware of all HR policies, rules and regulations by conducting sessions for new staff and organizing for refresher sessions for all staff from time to time.
- Organize learning and development opportunities in coordination with DGM for staff to achieve organisational goals.
- Conduct Training needs analysis within the company and support staff in identification of suitable internal/external trainings in close consultation with the DGM and Line Managers from time to time.
- Provide training, support and advice on performance management and staff development plans and ensure reviews are conducted when and required as per the company policy and procedure.
- Verify that training funds are used to cover legitimate staff development and talent management expenses, that funds are used effectively, and follow up to make sure training has been provided and the employee has completed the training successfully.
- Participate in forums relating to Human Resources including internal HR meetings and feedback to management on best practices, HR trends in the country and at global level ensuring reviews are conducted when and required as per the company policy and procedure.
- Support the DGM in processing of Visas and work permits for visitors and international staff as and when require
- Support the DGM in processing of Visas and work permits for visitors and international staff as and when required.
- Oversee processing internal arrangements such as travel, training sessions, and team-building events.
- Ensure all statutory document and company policies are up to date whiles ensuring legal compliance.
- Supervise dealings with external vendors, like insurance, food and transport vendors.
- A minimum of a bachelors’ degree with professional qualification in HR or related field.
- At least 7 years continuous practice in a similar position, with at least 4 years in a similar position in a manufacturing company.
- Experience in developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems.
- Proficient in IT – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS (Human resources Information Systems).
- In-depth knowledge of Labour Act 651.
- Direct experience of organizing emergency/large scale recruitments.
- Ability to handle industrial conflict.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Organized and good planner.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build and lead a team.
- Ability to create a cohesive HR department.
- Team player
- Critical thinking
- Proactive and ready to take initiative.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should forward their CV’s to email@example.com for consideration. All CV’s sent should reference job card number.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.