Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Position: Health, Safety & Environment Officer
Company: Reliance Personnel
Health, Safety & Environment Officer is to promote a healthier workforce in a safer, conducive, and accident-free workplace.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support Top Management in the implementation of the HSE Policy and Guidelines’ Issue.
- Ensure (in accordance with the corporate guidelines, legislation and related standards) the effective implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Provide for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Assist the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Conduct safety audits (internal / external) and take part in near-miss / accident / incident investigation as well as identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Carry out any in-house safety training and safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Adapt safety-related engineering inputs into new projects and modification programs.
- Perform Risk Assessment and preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provide support to the department on the implementation of Company-wide HSE initiatives e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees and ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Prepare and enforce policies to maintain a culture of health and safety among the workforce and within the workplace
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND/ B.Sc. in related field with preference for Engineering/Sciences
- Knowledgeable in health, safety and quality standards (ISO standards) preferred
- Possession of professional certifications in line with the job requirements
3-5 years’ experience
- Ability to use the computer effectively & efficiently
- Performance and result-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure/less or no supervision
How To Apply
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject: Sales Manager
Application deadline: Friday, 12th March, 2021