Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician – Winders.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician – Winders reports to the Electrical Supervisor – Winders and is accountable for all maintenance both low and medium voltage, installations, and repairs on all winder electrical components, carryout weekly, monthly, annual, and statutory critical task and ensure planned maintenance is executed in compliance to Government of Ghana laws and AGA standards, safety, and environmental requirement.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Monitor general physical condition of winder Electrical assets and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide on the job support to the winder electrical supervisor, where appropriate.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of winder Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or
- potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used.
- Report directly to the Winder Electrical Supervisor on issues and identify and execute improvement projects.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Part III or equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant working experience in underground mining. Experience in Winder and Shaft will be an advantage
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in electrical trade
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 10TH NOVEMBER, 2022.