Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician MV – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician Medium Voltage (MV) – Underground reports to the Electrical Supervisor – UG and is accountable for executing all types of underground electrical maintenance as required in relation cable Jointing, Termination, switching and tasked covering day/night in a safe and compliant manner to support Phase 3 project at KMS and later operations.
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Interface with contractors as directed and or construction team regarding electrical work tasks for project work and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule, and expectations
- Attend training, development, and performance improvement training as required
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of tasked work, create checklist, and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine and electrical equipment anomalies that would indicate requirement for maintenance, report and escalate
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of tasked work for all underground and maintenance activities
- Carry out all medium voltage termination and jointing works on all sizes of medium voltage cables
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Stop any underground electrical equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Certificate Part I or equivalent
- Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship
- Three (3) years of experience as an electrical technician
- Knowledge in Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Knowledge in troubleshooting faults in electrical systems
- Ability to work on medium voltage equipment (6.6kV & 11kV) equipment
- Experience in Maintenance/operating Machinery and Fixed Plants
- Experience in Medium Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminations
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER, 2022.