Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Customer Operations Lead
Company: Chipper Cash
Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small, passionate team dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
Our Customer Operations team is at the heart of Chipper, as it is the first point of contact with our customers and the team that knows most intimately the struggles and hopes of customers. Most important is the team’s ability to respond to customers with empathy and work alongside customers to solve their problems. The Customer Operations team also works closely with the Product Operations, Product & Engineering, Legal & Compliance, and Growth Marketing teams. It’s about much more than resolving tickets. It’s also about helping us find solutions that will prevent customers from having problems in the first place and help us deliver on the promise of Chipper working like magic.
Customer Operations Leads serve as leaders within the Customer Operations team at Chipper. In addition to setting the standards for customer engagement for Analysts, they support Analysts in handling customer tickets effectively through training and mentoring.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing customer support to the best of your ability by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deeper understanding of their needs for a digital wallet service
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat
- Being a point of escalation for other customer operations agents and assisting others that join the team
- Proactively identifying patterns in the user frustrations and expectations of customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make their lives easier
- Working with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing bank, mobile money, card, and other various transaction types and helping manage customers with their Chipper onboarding
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams. Plus, being the first point of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns
- Familiarity with the customer operations role will allow you to expand your knowledge to other areas of customer operations and the company in general. This ranges from the Product teams to the Compliance teams etc!
Qualifications You Will Need
- 3-5 years in a customer service role, ideally within financial services, telecommunications, or other digital products
- Professional experience training, leading, and managing a team
- Experience handling customer inquiries via email, chat, or other written communications
- Be self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivated
- Have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We’re still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds
- Be comfortable with asynchronous conversations
- Be open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis
- Competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience
- Be part of a company growing at a rocket ship pace solving a real problem
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply