Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Connecting farmers to reliable and fair markets is now Farmerline’s newest service(in addition to farmer training and agro-input financing) in creating lasting profit for the farmers we serve while creating jobs for community-led micro-entrepreneurs in the value chains we work in. For this, we are recruiting experienced agricultural/business professionals to support market access programs for farmers across the cereals, grains, tuber, plantain and vegetables value chains in Ghana. The specialist will work to strengthen existing partnerships while building new models to ensure farmers and community led enterprenuers get the most revenue from their produce.
- Purchase Order Acquisition
- Leads in securing purchase orders from local and international food processors and exporters of major crops.
- Plans all crop marketing operations to ensure timely delivery of all purchase orders received in the required quality and quantities.
- Identifies, profiles and builds a detailed national database of commodity suppliers (outgrower businesses, aggregators, nucleus farmers and farmer groups) ahead of supplies.
- Engages suppliers to aggregate farm produce at the right time while ensuring high quality and reducing post harvest losses.
- Leverages the Mergdata platform to predict yield, food quality and track produce sourcing.
- Implements proven post harvest practices to enhance the shelf life of farm produce.
- Facilitates fair, timely and transparent payments to all farmers supplying to the micro-entrepreneurs and agribusinesses in Farmerline’s network.
Account Management for SMEs
- Works with other team members to build the capacity of suppliers to consistently supply commodities while increasing their business profitability.
- Integrates successful parts of the market access model into Farmerline’s operations and partnerships across Africa.
- Leads in aggregating and communicating market price information from major markets to key stakeholders especially farmers in our network.
- Coordinates the procurement of all off-taking and market-related logistics including storage and transportation.
- Develops impactful, cost effective and scalable market access models for all major crops produced in Ghana.
- Collaborates with other units to ensure all farmers receive adequate training, agro-inputs and prompt digital payments
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural science, agribusiness, supply chain management.
- Knowledge of the systemic challenges in agriculture value chains in Ghana, a passion for creating lasting solutions to them and ability to navigate farming communities.
- Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines.
- 3-5 years of working experience in crop marketing in Ghana with experience in maize, soybeans, rice, and cashew, among other major crops in Ghana.
- Strong research and field experience in maize,rice, soybean, plantain, sorghum is required
- Proven experience in the use of mobile technology to facilitate market access.
- Strong business analysis, planning and financial management skills
- Excellent oral communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak twi and multiple languages across northern Ghana is an added advantage.
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive Salary
- Local Health Insurance
- Office Lunch
- Office Nursery
- New laptop for work or periodic personal computer repairs
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply