Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Job Title: Commercial Bus Driver
location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Company: IPSL Ghana
We, IPSL Ghana have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Bus Driver to a join a globally stable but up and coming development company in Ghana specialised in energy and infrastructure project. Our client has strategic alliance with major energy and infrastructure companies in the world. Their synergy approach to project delivery has contributed to their achievement of new investments. Our client has a network of partners and top tier associates and continues to scout for talents to add technical depth and world-wide expertise to their capabilities.
Our client selected HD HR & Services as their recruitment partner to successfully source the position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
- Prepare bus for operation by inspecting destinations, operating the vehicle and maintaining schedule.
- Perform required pre and post-trip vehicle inspections and complete required paperwork (e.g.driver’s log) concerning journeys made.
- Determine best route for journeys considering weather, time and road conditions.
- Check basic maintenance (oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) of vehicle regularly.
- Ensure that the parts of the vehicle are working well (e.g. lights, brakes, etc).
- Maintain a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption for monthly checking by line manager.
- Ability to change vehicle tyres.
- Complete information required for monthly vehicle reports to be submitted to line manager.
- Ensure that all major incidents are reported to the line manager immediately.
- Ensure that vehicles are taken to the garage in good time when faults emerge.
- Ensure that vehicle is clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintain the vehicle visual appearance, cleanliness and safety.
- Ensure that the vehicle is immaculate in appearance and ready to be driven without issue at all times.
- check engine fluids, inspecting interior and exterior, electrical and mechanical components, maintaining tyre pressure and keeping fuel at adequate levels.
- Facilitate and book appointments for mechanical work, scheduled maintenance, professional washing and detailing and regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle as well as its transport to and from the workshop.
- Monitor vehicle movement and report faults as soon as they occur.
- Report all safety concerns, harzards and incidents.
- Maintain safe operating and clean appearance of vehicle by complying with operational policies, procedures, national and local driving regulations.
- Ensure regulatory documents for the vehicle are up to date.
- Work long hours.
- Represent company in a positive and professional manner while at work and while driving on the public roadway.
- Must acquire, retain and submit all receipts to the Line manager and ensure that expenditures are authorized under the terms of employment services.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience
- GCE O’Level/ SSSCE /WASSCE Certificate or equivalent with a valid driver’s license not below category D3 and at least Five (5) years working experience at same or similar level. Evidence of continuing training in driving. (Essential)
- Evidence of working with a project team in the construction and built environment. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Ghana road signs, traffic rules and regulation.
- Experience driving on cross country roads
- Having good knowledge about routes and geography
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and write simple English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow company transport policy, guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to drive safely from one place to another.
- Ability to use navigation apps to determine the best route.
- Proven ability to cope with physical aspects of the job e.g. lifting/handling.
- Strong customer service orientation, good judgment and flexibility.
- Ability to work cooperatively, courteously and respectfully with all customers, contractors and co-workers whom he/she may come in contact with during the course of the day.
- Physically fit and capable of undertaking strenuous duties.
- Must have Integrity.
- Must be committed and courteous.
- Physically able to bend and/or climb a ladder to load goods and luggage.
- Regular travel between construction sites and main office.
- Loading and unloading of luggage and supplies.
The Rewards: This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a global organization.
How To Apply
Please, submit your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word format as an attachment via email to:
Please use the job position Commercial Bus Driver as the subject for the email.
Deadline: Friday, May 13, 2021.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.