Experience 2 Years
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as CIC Supervisor – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The CIC Supervisor-Underground is accountable for the maintenance, monitoring and control of all instrumentation, communication and controls aspects of Underground Fixed and Mobile Plant Infrastructure at KMS, including the CIC Distribution, Mine Services and Mine Dewatering through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Support the CIC refurbishment and New Construction of Underground material handling, dewatering and fixed plants in the project and transition into operations. Execute refurbishment, later maintenance on a routine scheduled basis for the underground areas
- Lead a team of CIC Technicians to carry out maintenance of the CIC aspects of the Underground Fixed and Mobile Plant Infrastructure. This involves all the replacement & calibration of instrumentation, Wi-Fi & Leaky feeder extensions, updating drawings (Red line), disconnect/reconnection of instruments, maintaining the integrity of the operating environment of all CIC equipment
- Assist the E&I Superintendent – UG to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for Underground CIC Fixed and Mobile Plant Infrastructure
- Assist the Engineering Technical team to implement continuous improvement initiatives or projects. Liaise with CIC Engineers regarding future installations. Refer to schematic drawings and relate these to fault find issues with CIC equipment. Update drawings and give feedback to respective Engineering Technical Team
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution on the CIC UG infrastructure
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Gather information on operating equipment and collect data to diagnose/troubleshoot operating machinery problems
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and root cause failure analysis process of Electrical equipment as per requirement
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or is unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- An experienced Maintenance supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in CIC Infrastructure
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably Mine Infrastructure Maintenance
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Knowledge in the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
- Familiarity with Maintenance/ Operating Underground communication, instrumentation and material handling systems
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervisory practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once..
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER, 2022.