Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Channel Marketing Manager
Company: GBfoods Africa
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Channel Marketing Manager to lead the development of category/channel plan to support long term category growth and profitably increase and market share.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Prepares the channel category strategy (covering Point of Purchase, visibility, assortment, distribution, promo, merchandising, Perfect Store initiatives) and ensure it is aligned with the category & brand strategies
- Complete ownership of the Battle plan for categories in all key channels
- Prepare ROI targets for trade and channel promotions and evaluate results vrs plan, and share key learning, insights with Commercial leadership for future course correction
- Must be the voice of shopper & retailer, ensuring all channel activities are driven by shopper & retailer insight
- A key contributor to new product launches, bringing critical shopper and retailer insight into the planning process
- Assess the risk & opportunities on the category in the various channels to guide short, medium and long term growth objectives
- Structure periodic reports for tracking sell in & sell out data divided by area, channel and customers.
- Support the Core Sales team in the development of the Customer Business plan (for Distributors & Modern Trade customers), ensuring opportunities at the point of purchase by channel / customer at Area, Distributor level are identifies and activated
- Collaborate with Demand Planner to ensure category sales forecast accuracy based on a clear appreciation of the baseline and uplifts from various commercial initiatives
- Champion the definition of gap-filling plans to close gaps between Forecast and Targets.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional Channel Marketing experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Ideal educational background, experience and languages
- Minimum 8 -10 years of Trade/Channel Marketing, Sales and/or Consumer Marketing experience in complex companies in the FMCG world (preferably food).
- Experience in route-to-market way of selling with focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase, Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
- Strong analytic skills with high competence in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must comfortably interface with all levels of staff
- Ability to work under pressure and work with little or no supervision
- Excellent logical / proactivity / lateral thinking
- Team management,
- Spirit of initiative and creativity, analytical and synthetical mind
- Aligned with GB Foods Purpose and Values.
- Internal & External Relationships:
- Directly reports to the National Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager, Brand Managers
- Route-to-Market Manager
- Regional Sales Managers, Area Sales Managers & Modern Trade Manager
- Customer Service Manager & Demand Planner
- Commercial Business Partner
- Key Distributors/Customers