Offered Salary 0
Career Level Assistant
Experience 2 Years
Job Vacancy For Administrative Assistant
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme.
• This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa.
Scope of Role:
• The administrative assistant will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day running of the ABF project office by meeting the administrative needs of the office and ensuring basic financial management are effective and efficient with all stakeholders
• Organizational support for meetings and events.
• Responsible for small procurement for the project.
• Ensures that the service in the department is provided correctly and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures.
• Supports with travel requests and travel claims of the project.
• Photocopies and scans documents as needed, responsible for knowledge management of documents from the project office (store in
DMS, OneDrive, etc.).
• General administration and maintaining organisational processes in the project office.
• Performs other tasks at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Certificate/diploma or comparable qualification from a commercial academy (accounting).
• At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting software.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Ability to organize workload and deliver under the pressure of deadline.
• Detail oriented.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
[email protected] quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/01/09 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 08 September, 2023
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.