Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Accountant
location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accountant provides up-to-date, accurate accounting records and execution of financial transactions for IndigoHomes’ vendors and clients.
We are looking for an energetic accounting professional who is willing to roll up her/his sleeves to assist with managing the accounting function. IndigoHomes’, a subsidiary of BlackIvy Ghana Ltd, a fast-paced residential real estate development company where a new employee will have the ability to see the big picture and drive a lasting impact for stakeholders and the communities our business serves.
- Relentless commitment to good governance and ethical business practices.
- Embody IndigoHomes’ Core Values: imagination, partnership, humility, courage, relentlessness, and forthrightness.
- Follow IndigoHomes’ policies, procedures, and all contractual obligations.
- Maintain all applicable workplace safety standards and requirements.KEY DUTIES:
- Post supplier invoices, process payments, employee reimbursements, bills and other accounting information
- Issue invoices and ensure customers are billed correctly for services
- Daily posting of receipts from customers
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Prepare account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and supporting schedules, analyze all relevant general ledger information, verify balances and rectify discrepancies
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Stock management- confirmation of stock balances, physical verification, and maintenance of stock ledger in the system
- Prepare monthly profit and loss and balance sheet statements
- Prepare VAT and WHT returns
- Sort, maintain financial documentation for transactions, post and file
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Adhere to and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Assist Financial Controller and senior finance team with other duties as assigned; including, preparation of budgets, cost-based financial analyses, records and financial reporting
RELEVANT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting and/or auditing (accounts payable/receivables/inventory management)
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar accounting software)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Required excel (super-user) or capability with alternative reporting tools
- Experience in a growing real estate development or construction-related business preferred Excellent English communication skills, verbally and in writing, required
- Capable of working under time sensitive deadlines and meeting deliverables, required
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to document workpapers logically, clearly and concisely, required
- Strong knowledge of local tax and other statutory reporting obligations.BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Health Plan benefits
- Pension Plan with employer match
- Paid Time-Off
- Eligibility for Discretionary Performance Bonus
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply